Many doubt whether it is worth replacing old, standard windows with new, vinyl, or wooden ones. It doesn’t seem to be blowing and we’re already used to it. But here we see some “Modern Vinyl Windows” on the market, why do we need them? To buy vinyl windows, some money investment is needed, this is also a deterrent.
Let’s see if such a replacement is essential. Surely, the owners of old windows (even the highest quality ones) are well aware of the drafts, due to which the air in the room is cooled, and the people living in the house begin to sneeze and catch a cold. Drafts are also the reason for the increase in the cost of heating a home. And the reason for the appearance of drafts is window cracks. No matter how we seal them, we cannot completely seal the windows.
As for vinyl windows sold at Doors & More showrooms, according to research, the air permeability of such windows is 15-20 times higher than in traditional ones.
For the microclimate in the house, not only air permeability is important, but also thermal insulation. We also get this parameter with PVC windows.
The next problem that often interferes with sleep, especially for residents of large cities, is the noise coming from the street. It does not allow you to fully relax, causes headaches and irritation. Modern double-glazed windows can provide sound insulation of 25-35 dB, which is quite enough for your restful sleep.
Finally, compare the look of old windows and vinyl windows. Old frames most often do not lend themselves to any restoration – the paint periodically peels off from them, and they look sloppy. Just like any old windows in NYC – they look elegant and remain so for a long time, without requiring painting, sealing for the winter, or insulation.
Summing up all that has been said, there are seven main reasons for changing windows:
- No drafts in the house to apartment.
- Excellent thermal insulation.
- Good soundproofing.
- Ease of use: instead of old constipation, which often jams, new high-quality fittings are installed, allowing you to open windows in two planes and use the “winter ventilation” mode.
- A vinyl window installation company will offer you to choose a design: you can order vinyl windows of any color, or choose any fitting option.
- You can not only install vinyl windows, but also order additional accessories for them: mosquito nets, window sills, ebbs, decorative exterior finishes…
- The production of vinyl windows provides for a fairly long service life: a guarantee for double-glazed windows is 25 years, for a window design – 10 years, for fittings – 5-10 years.
In fact, the advantages of modern PVC windows are much greater.