Pine is a type of wood that has long been common in construction. It is easy to handle and durable due to its high resin content. Wooden euro-windows made of pine have a beautiful texture and are convenient for domestic use, and also have the following advantages:
- Lightness – pine profiles have a minimum weight, making them easy to mount.
- Breathability: This wood species is highly breathable. The room will remain warm, but it will not be stuffy.
- Thermal efficiency – solid pine products retain heat even in severe frosts. Neither the frame nor the double-glazed window freezes through, and the room remains warm.
- Environmental friendliness – wood, like any natural material, is durable and safe for humans.
- Convenient processing – thanks to its flexibility, pine can be used for traditional rectangular frames and structures of any other shape.
- Low price. Pine windows are the cheapest option and profitable thanks to all the above advantages.
However, there are several disadvantages:
A tree can swell from excess moisture or, conversely, dry out from its lack, which will create difficulties in operation. Such problems should not arise with a properly and professionally carried out installation. Such issues should not occur. Therefore it is not recommended to install window structures on your own. After installation, it is necessary to monitor the room’s humidity level and avoid its sudden changes.
Pine is sensitive to any mechanical damage – it is easy to scratch it or leave dents on it.
With proper care and proper operation, disadvantages can be avoided, while the advantages of pine windows are undeniable.
For example, in a wooden house.
What is the difference between pine windows and oak and larch windows?
In terms of their decorative qualities, pine windows are less presentable than profiles made from other types of wood. Oak and larch have a more beautiful and even texture, thanks to which lacquer or paint fits better on them. Wooden window structures have different material densities – larch and oak are more robust and complex than pine and less prone to accidental damage.
We recommend you look at prices for wooden windows from Doors And More.
When choosing the material from which window products will be made – oak, larch, or pine – you need to focus on the price category of each of them. It is better to purchase high-quality pine products for the same price they offer oak or larch of poor quality.